PROXIA Internal transport logistics – Optimize Material Movement
Use pull and push strategies
Your employees spend a lot of time searching for semi-finished products within the production or waiting for a suitable means of transport? Put an end to this “time eater” in the production process.
With the PROXIA MES module “Internal transport logistics”, the storage location-related stocks of semi-finished products are managed and corresponding storage locations are documented. Materials can be rebooked to other storage locations, machines or manual workstations.
When generating transfer orders, the origin and destination storage bin can be selected and thus both pull and push strategies can be used. The transport employee is shown the essential information within the transport controls: From where? Where to? When. By what means of transport? The accumulated transport times can then be evaluated.
PROXIA Internal transport logistics – Highlights & Benefits
- Inventory management and documentation of storage locations
- Transfer/relocation of semi-finished products to other storage locations
- Creation and visualization of transport orders
- Optimization of material movements and transport routes
- Evaluation of transport and storage times
- Avoidance of disruptions due to material shortages thanks to automated inventory control
- Flexibility and minimized search times during order picking thanks to pick-by-light
- Avoidance of component mix-ups thanks to pick-by-light support during assembly
- Expandable with MES modules such as MDE and warehouse management systems